It has been almost a month I back from Europe. Finally, the first post is here! There were total 6k+ photos I took during my trip. I was trying to filter and delete some of 'em but but but...... most of the photos are so beautiful!!! I reluctant to hit the delete button.
Anyway, this will be a sneak peek and I hope I can update more frequently. One of my aim is to post & share everything out by end of this year.
11th April 2012 -Wednesday was a public holiday and YEAH! I can "save" one day annual leave. The long awaited Europe trip has finally come after I booked the ticket on last May (2011). Our initial plan was flying with Air Asia, we bought the ticket at RM1,900. To cut the story short, we were flying with Malaysia Airline due to the termination of the route to London by Air Asia. Since the plan had changed, me & bf decided to change our itinerary too. We decided not to visit London since we went there on 2009 and we planned to visit other countries instead. To my surprised, bf decided to visit Switzerland & Vienna after I proposed the itinerary to him. *p/s: we bought the MAS airline ticket at promotional price - RM2,800 during last CNY this year.
Kuala Lumpur - Amsterdam, Netherlands
11.55pm | MH16
Although our flight was 11.55pm, but I can't really have a good sleep. The flight was full and there were many babies on board too, & the engine of the plane was quite noisy. After 12 hours, we landed safely at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam. We were told the weather was 4°C and I quickly "wrapped" myself with thick jacket & scarfs. Thank God for the good weather, it was sunny and chilling but still, COLD.
Basically, this is our EXACT itinerary. I use the word "exact" because there were many surprises & unexpected thing happened through this trip. Our initial plan was 7 countries, 8 places in 19 days. In the end, we managed to visit 15 places in 19 days! How awesome!!!!
Amsterdam, Netherlands - Brussels, Belgium - Cologne, Germany - Munich, Germany - Zurich, Switzerland - Basel, Switzerland - Aarau, Switzerland - Lucern, Switzerland - Interlaken, Switzerland - Thun, Switzerland - Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Milan, Italy - Venice, Italy - Vienna, Austria - Prague, Czech Republic
12-14 April & 29-30 April 2012
(left to right)
1. Good Morning Amsterdam @ 4°C | Architecture are almost all the same, that's the trademark | Canals
2. We spent more than half day at Keukenhof - one of the famous park that open during Spring only.
3. Half day trip to Zaanse Schans. Here, you can visit the famous windmills, clog making + museum + souvenir, cheese making + tasting & also the beautiful and amazing scenery.
14-15 April 2012
(from left to right)
1. One of the famous plaza that you must visit | Mannekin Pis | Road Sign
2. Foods that not to be missed in Brussels - waffle, chocolate and kebab.
3. Beautiful chocolate | The grand hotel we stayed | Antonium
15 April 2012
(left) The astonishing church at Cologne.
(Center) Street performance | Merzenich Bakery - they are selling one of the best bread in the world! The bread was so fluffy and crunchy at the same time!!!!
(right) Haha! Creative & SEXY postcard.
15-17 April 2012
(left to right)
1. Hotel we stayed - Leonardo | Munich city | Munich Old Town
2. Breakfast | BWM show room | BMW bears for sell
3. Trying out all the yummylicious German foods, and of coz the famous German BEER too. It tasted really really good and different back in Malaysia.
17-19th April 2012
(left to right)
1. We are here in Zurich, Switzerland!!! | Spring blossom | View of Zurich city
2. Cheese Fondue | Nutella Chocolate - my favourite! | Me & bf with the yellow post box
3. Evening and night view | We had a good dinner at this restaurant which have a good environment and I like their decoration.
Basel, Aarau & Thun, Switzerland
18th April 2012
These places is a small town not far from Zurich. Since we have our own transport, so it is not difficult for us to drive around.
(left) Basel | Green tram | View by the river
(center) Aarau | Chocolate | Market = pasar malam in Malaysia
(right) Thun | Small but beautiful town | German sausage
Lucern & Interlaken, Switzerland
19th April 2012
(left) On the way to Lucern, I was so excited when I first saw the alps | Landmark of Lucern - the tower | Beautiful swan - how could they swim and stand in the cold weather. I was freezing over there yet they still can played around.
(center) We were on the way to Interlaken. This was one of the amazing and beautiful scenery we saw.
(right) Interlaken - it is one of the canton of Bern | Bern flag | Risotto - sinful yet yummy!!!!!!!!
19-21th April 2012
(left to right)
1. The B&B we stayed | Attic room - great experience | View from my room
2. Scrumptious breakfast provided by B&B | Typical swiss breakfast | Tickets to up to the alps.
3. We planned to visit Jungfrau - the alps that top of Europe. Unfortunately, the weather was not good and we were given another suggestion by the manager from the B&B. We were here in Murren. | I'm too excited because it was my first time experienced the snowing and play with the snow as well. | Beautiful alps.
Milan & Venice, Italy
21-23 April 2012
(left) Italy is the only country that we need to pay tol when we entered. | Milan famous cathedral - Duomo | Duomo Square - shopping heaven
(center) Venice | Gelato | Life on the water/sea
(right) Burano - the rainbow village | Clams with white wine - superB! | One of the corner @ Burano
23 - 26 April 2012
(right to left)
1. Sunbathing | Delicious & wide selections of breakfast provided by the hotel | Famous painting in Vienna.
2. Schönbrunn Palace | Street performance | Enjoying box of noodle
3. Hundertwasser house | Swarovski crystals | Prater - amusement park
Prague, Czech Republic
26-29 April 2012
(left to right)
1. Charles Bridge | Arts is everywhere | Prague Astronomical clock
2. Dancing building | street performance on Charles Bridge | View of Charles Bridge from the tower
3. Pork - famous dish in Prague. Oily but truly yummy! Just forget the FAT first :D | John Lennon Wall at Kampa Island | Love lock bridge at Kampa Island.
Prague is the city I love the most during this trip. This is a city that full of arts and music, everything is so romantic and beautiful. I truly falling in love with this city. I shall update more and I can't wait to share more with you! Unfortunately, Prague is the last destination before I back to Amsterdam. So, Prague might be the last post I will share. Anyway, there's always an exception right? :)